A Kitchen With A View

It’s been almost three weeks now since my husband and I moved into our Lance 825 camper and set out to live on the road doing events for Ninkasi Brewing Company.  My big concern on this journey has been staying healthy while we travel. Since we all probably know that truck stops don’t usually provide many healthful food options, I wanted to make a point of continuing to cook most of our meals at home in our camper. One challenge of cooking in a tiny kitchen is that we just don’t have the storage space for all the equipment that we're used to. I needed to pare down.  No more food processor, blender or mixer for this foodie. Here is what I have found so far to be essential:
  • Fantastic cooking utensils. I love the Dreamfarm Essential Tool Collection. These tools are flexible and versatile space savers that won’t scratch. They are also available individually and come in an assortment of colors.
  • Hand held spiralizer. As a newbie to spiralizing I am still discovering ways to use this handy tool. Veggies have never been so fun! This one was inexpensive and I found it at my local home supply store. Pinterest has tons of healthy spiralizer recipes
  • Eco-friendly reusable food storage. Bee’s Wrap is the bomb! The individual sheets are made with organic cotton, beeswax, jojoba oil, and tree resin. They smell amazing.  Bee’s Wrap is washable, reusable and compostable, allowing us to reduce our footprint and save space in our fridge.
In future posts I’ll be reviewing some of my favorite recipes and ingredients. If you have healthy camper tips, let me know!  



Comments